Resolving Things Into Thoughts

"Metaphysics resolves things into thoughts, and exchanges the objects of sense for the ideas of Soul." Mary Baker Eddy, Science and Health, page 269

17 November 2009

Bounded and Free

I've been learning an old Indigo Girl's tune on the guitar, which has inevitably led me back to some of their early stuff. I came across this great line from Power of Two:

The closer I'm bound in love to you
The closer I am to free

There are so many cool interpretations of this line. When our lives are tightly woven with others in love, particularly the divine, there is true freedom to be had. Freedom from stress, freedom for disease, freedom from confusion, doubt. We are all tightly woven in a network of love, and we can trust that it will support us.

It is in submission that we gain freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home